Sunday, June 8, 2008

AFV Worthy

Tonight Ben and I were playing some washers in our backyard. (See photo of the day)

This is a very low key game. There should be no physical contact or injuries. It isn't lawn jarts for goodness sakes. Lawn Jarts could possibly be one of the greatest outdoor games ever created though. If anybody knows where I could get some we would be willing to play big money for them. (They are illegal now and are not sold anywhere!)

Anyways...so both of us walked away from our game of washers with an injury.

First I tried to stop one of Ben's wild throws with my foot. Instead it hit me square in the ankle and made quite the tink noise. I of course did a little hopping, that hurt, dance! It instantly puffed up and turned a dark shade of blue. Wow. I am talented.

Then about 10 minutes later I threw a wonderful toss that swirled around inside the cup and popped back out. It was almost a 3 point toss. Anyways, it ended up popping right up out of the cup and hitting Ben in the crotch. I some how managed to hit him in the crotch from 20 feet away with a washer! Now that's some skill. I of course bent over laughing almost to the point of tears. Ben was also almost in tears, but for a very different reason.

Then he beat me both games. I think God was rewarding him for taking a shot down there. Ben did successfully cover himself during each of my throws after that. I guess he just didn't want to take that chance again. Maybe he will wear a cup next time.

2 comments:

Studio 7 Photography said...

that is hilarious!! you can find those lawn dart game thingys at a lot of garage sales!!

heather.snider said...

Well if you find them...pick them up for me and I'll love you forever!