Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What's Your Bliss List?

Simon looking blissful!

I just read this question on soulpancake.com and thought it was a good one. Feel free to answer. I encourage it actually!

Here's my list:
- Laughing until I feel as if my insides are going to come out my nose.

- Glancing at my husband only to catch him looking at me in a way that says, "I'm glad you're mine!"

- Warm weather and BEACHES.

- Finding a song that you just can't resist dancing to.

- Receiving a random and undeserved gift just because./Somebody genuinely loving the gift you gave them.

- Finding a new perspective for my faith.

To read some random strangers answers...go here.

"It's good to be just plain happy, it's a little better to know that you're happy; but to understand that you're happy and to know why and how and still be happy, be happy in the being and the knowing, well that is beyond happiness, that is bliss." —Henry Miller

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Game night with my family.
2. Driving with the windows down on a warm spring day.
3. That first kiss.
4. The smell of Christmas.

Anonymous said...

1. The Gulf of Mexico

2. Watching bad horror movies with my brothers and laughing until my stomach hurts

3. Being old enough to be close to my mom but still young enough to need her advice

4. Our Saturday Routine (sleep late, lunch, matinee, grocery shopping, laziness)

5. Making people laugh, especially Chris

6. Those rare calm moments when I realize I’m not the world-class f*ck-up I usually feel like

7. Knowing that even when I don’t feel like it, I can run for an entire hour

Anonymous said...

The way my husband looks at our son and smiles with joy
The way my son smiles back at me and says mama
Helping a family member find their way to Christ
Puppy kisses
Sleeping in on a rainy day
StarBucks – White chocolate mocha
Family game night