Wednesday, February 6, 2008

snow/sleet/rain/snow

I'm very surprised that our basement isn't an underground pool right now. We have had so much precipitation lately, not to mention some crazy weather. There were almost 12 inches of snow last Friday, then it was about 55 on Sunday which brought freezing rain/sleet, that night we had some thunder and lightening. Then Monday and Tuesday we had more thunderstorms and a butt load of rain. Yesterday there were flooded roads everywhere. Oh to live in Illinois. Oh and today we had more snow.

Snow is only for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. So what is it doing snowing in February... and where is spring? I don't know how much longer I can wait for warmer weather. We had a 63 degree day a few weeks ago...it was amazing, but made me even more depressed when it got back below 30 degrees.

Texas, Alabama, & southern California are all calling my name!

Oh and I need to learn more about politics...I hate politics, but people talk about them often and sooner or later they will figure out that I know NOTHING about them! I can only bend down to tie my shoe or excuse myself to the bathroom so many times before they start to catch on to me. ha. maybe I need better ways to get out of talking about it. Next time I might try the old chest pain bit or cough attack.

That reminds me of an Office episode where Michael asks Ryan to go out to eat with him, Dwight, and Jim. Here's the quote...

Ryan Howard: I'm not feeling so well. I've got a ton of work to do here. MSG allergy, peanut allergy, I just ate there last night.
Michael Scott: [feels Ryan's head] Alright, feel better.
Jim Halpert: Wow, thanks for taking all the excuses, dude.
Ryan Howard: Doctor appointment, car trouble, plantar warts, granddad fought in World War II. Use your head, man. I keep mine in here [shows Blackberry]. Look alive, Halpert. Welcome back.

1 comment:

Kyle Luke said...

An underground pool would be awesome!