Tuesday, January 29, 2008

7/8ths

A bit of a crazy past few days. Saturday I was throwing up. Blah to that. I feel a lot better now though, so no complaints there, except that I missed going out to eat, playing soccer, and hanging out. I did have a wonderful husband who was very nice to me Saturday morning when I didn’t feel well. He even watched part of Blue Crush with me.

Sunday I took like a 3 hour nap, which was glorious! That night a bunch of girls went to see 27 Dresses. It was a cute movie, but I was a bit disappointed. I just had my expectations so high for it, not sure why, but I did. I wouldn’t recommend spending 9 bucks to see it, but it’s worth a view at the cheap theatre or when it comes out on video. Actually go see it, because almost everybody else loved it. So don’t listen to me.

Oh, but there were around 50 people or so in the theatre we went to. 49ish girls and 1 boy. Ha. Everybody clapped for him and at the end of the movie he said, “Great flick!” I give him mad props for going. Plus it was hilarious for me! Something that wasn’t hilarious, was that I spilled 7/8ths of my hot tamales on the floor of the theatre before it even started. I was trying to share…look where that got me.

It did remind me of a funny story though. Once in the 8th grade me and my friend Stefine went to a movie with our boyfriends. You know, the type of date that your parents drive you to. So grown up! Anyways, her date went to kiss her like half way through the movie and he spilled his Skittles as he was leaning over. They rolled all the way down to the front of the theatre for what seemed like a good minute causing people to turn and look at him. The only lucky thing for him was that it was too dark to see just how red his face was. I sure got a good laugh out of that one and he never got to live it down. Sucka!

3 comments:

Fish said...

haha ... that made me smile :) skittles. those were some pretty good times - thanks for the memories!

Kyle Luke said...

Weren't we at a movie when someone spilled their soda all over us. I don't remember what movie it was, but I do remember that there were previews for Jumanjo.

heather.snider said...

Sara I faintly remember the Soda part, but I strongly remember the preview for Zathura and you said..."yah this movie was good when it was called Jumanji!" ha