Thursday, January 31, 2008

Copy Catter/Song List

I'm going to be a big fatty copy catter. I really liked Jeanettes blog where she listed some of her favorite songs of the moment. I was able to find a couple new songs that I enjoyed…so I thought that I would share my current favs. Maybe I will lead somebody to some sweet new tunes.

Most listened to tunes on my iPod at the moment…

Call to Arms by Angels & Airwaves
Angels & Airwaves are very enjoyable. They are a softer version of Blink 182 (actually Tom Delonge was a member of both bands). I would say they are like Blink 182 meets Dashboard Confessional. Call to Arms is one of my favorites off of their I-Empire CD.

The Funeral by Band of Horses
Some good chill music. Actually I think this song has been featured on many television shows such as One Tree Hill, Criminal Minds, and Numb3rs. It's a good listen. Artsy.

First Week by the Graham Colton Band
Old song, from 2004, but makes me smile every time. Can't help it. I actually like his whole CD, but this one stands out the most to me.

Benny & the Jets by The Hit Crew
Just saw 27 Dresses and this was part of probably the cutest montage of the whole movie. Have heard it before, but now I really like it. Asked my Mom if she new it…she said yes. So there you go…a song for all generations.

Snow (Hey Oh) by the Vitamin String Quartet
Can't say that I usually am that into instrumental stuff, but this is really fun to listen to. This band remakes famous/popular songs into instrumental pieces. I enjoy it! Not for everybody. Snow is a song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Hey Katie by Josh Kelley
I guess Josh Kelley is getting pretty popular. I just heard of him though…and this is one of only 2 songs I've experienced so far. I like it though. Can't help but sway back and forth to this song.

Misery Business by Paramore
This has been on the radio a bit, and let me tell you that I'm a huge sucker for pop punk music. Can't help it. I love Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, Good Charlotte, Boys and Girls, etc. Even though a lot of it sounds the same. Just love it! I like to pretend that I'm playing the guitar when I listen to these songs. It's pretty brutal to watch, but fun for me to do!

Undeniable by Mat Kearney
I told Ben this is a song for both of us because he sings a nice catchy chorus and then rap/talks a bit and then goes back to the nice catchy chorus. It’s a win win situation.

Ballerina by Leona Naess
Nice simple song, great voice, it’s relaxing and a good listen. Her whole CD is good. She reminds me a bit of Colbie Caillat, but I have to admit that I like Leona more. Plus my Grandma’s name is Leona. Sorry Colbie.

What Light by Wilco
This band is starting to grow on me. I could see some of their stuff being on a Grey's Anatomy Soundtrack...if it isn't already. I think this album was ranked towards the top of 2007's best releases. I don't know if I'd say that, but they are good. What Light is my favorite off the CD.

THE END.

If anybody else wants to list some of their tops right now. That would be Awesome!

2 comments:

JMagee Painting said...

Best song to get your day started--The distance by cake!

Jeanette said...

Thanks!! I love getting new music ideas...we should start a club..."What Awesome People are Listening to"...I hear the patent office calling. :)