Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Shake It Like a Salt Shaker

I finally have a chance to write about the earthquake from last Friday. Unfortunately we slept right through it. I don’t’ know if it’s because we already toss and turn all night anyway or if it’s because of our abnormally loud fan that we didn’t notice. I did feel the aftershock that happened later that day…so I was happy that I at least got to feel something. My co-worker crawled under her desk after it happened! It was very entertaining!

I did happen to come across some great stories that others shared regarding the Earthquake at 4:30 am. Here are a few of my favorites including comments from the local online paper…

1. That's the first time MY headboard has banged in years :) (Thanks for sharing lady!)

2. Thats God warning the pedophiles they better repent because He is serious about his Children and their will be a judgement day (WHAT?)

3. Make me glad I drive a big Ford F-250 and vote Republican!

4. I don't so much mind the shaking, it's the strong winds after the quake that bother me. I opened the windows to reduce the air pressure, but the dang wind blew down my beer can collection.

5. The quake actually woke my man whom I claim could sleep through a hurricane...guess not :-) Now I'm wondering why he doesn't ever get up for the baby?

6. Here I am.....ROCK you like a hurricane! I think the Scorps made a comeback at 4:37am.

7. But, I just thought it was some restaurant's breakfast buffet opening!

8. Called my neighbor, I thought she fell down her stairs. Just wanted to know if she was ok!

No comments: