Monday, April 28, 2008

Stranger than Fiction

I just watched Stranger than Fiction last night. It was excellent and that came as a bit of a surprise to me. I had seen previews for it before it came out and the concept of the movie didn’t interest me in the slightest. After it was recommended to me a few times and just recently by a co-worker, I thought I would give it a try.

It was very well done and I loved Will Ferrell and Maggie Gyllenhaal in it. Maggie is becoming one of my new favorite actresses. She doesn’t always play roles where I love her character, but she’s a fantastic actress!

There was so much witty dialogue and narration in this film that it made me wish I was a better writer. The soundtrack was also amazing. I downloaded Whole Wide World by Wreckless Eric and have already listened to it like 8 times today. It’s a very catchy song!

If you haven’t seen the movie, I strongly suggest you give it try. It’s not for everybody though. My mom said, “Yah I saw it, it was weird!” She’s more of a Wild Hogs/It’s a Wonderful Life movie watcher.

If you’ve seen any great movies lately…I am open to some suggestions to add to my See-List.

A few on that list include:

- Casablanca (nope never seen it)
- Requiem for a Dream
- Gone Baby Gone
- American Gangster
- Secretary
- Hotel Rwanda
- Sweeney Todd

3 comments:

Kyle Luke said...

I saw "Dan in Real Life" over the weekend and LOVED it. But there is so much tension between the characters the entire movie that you might not be able to stand it (a la Meet the Parents)

heather.snider said...

Actually I saw that one and Loved it!! I just love Steve Carell too...I didn't feel too stressed out during it. I hated Meet the Parents though, so good memory.

Fish said...

i recently watched a lot of old classics on netflix.com (we have netflix) and casablanca was one of them. i loved it --- i have learned that the oldies are the goodies (at least for me)! hope you had a good bday!