Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Proofreading Saves Relationships


Texting. It comes in very handy at times.

Where are you at?
What time should we meet up?

You smell funny!


You know...the usual texts. Sometimes they get a bit more in depth and a bit longer. The faster I try to type them and the longer they get...the more errors. T9 word is amazing...saves me tons of time. But it can make you look stupid, weird, or even get you in trouble if you don't proof what you type.

For example, here are some words that have the same key strokes on the number pad.

- HUN first comes up as GUN
"Hey gun just wanted to tell you that I love you"
Not awful, but will make you say....huh?

- HOME first comes up as GOOD
"I think I'm just going good tonight"
Might confuse you a bit

- BEAUTY if you miss the first B comes up as FATTY
"Hello there my hot fatty"
Ben has almost done this one countless times...lucky for him he hasn't.

- HEATHER first comes up as HEAVIER
"Heavier you are one hot fatty"
Ben is just doomed when it comes to the world of texting"

Ben told me to put that it is like he is a balloon man walking through a pine needle forest. Eventually he will stumble or slip into a low hanging branch. ha. He's funny!

Then there are times that I will send full messages without proofing. They usually sound a bit like this.
"well we are going out to eat and than to a movie you are welcome to john up he you want mitig to exciting thoug give ma a call late"

It makes no sense. I usually get a message back that says "What the heck Heather!"

So there you go! Hopefully I will save you from looking stupid, a possible break-up, or a 3 hour conversation of how you don't really think that your wife named Heather is overweight. If you aren't going to proof your texts...maybe you should take an extra 5 seconds and actually call the person.

No comments: