Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Bit of Hot Chocolate


I forgot to blog about this the other day...and it was something that was actually worth blogging about. Last Saturday night we went out to dinner for our good friend Brad's birthday. We ate at Saputos with his family and then afterwards we met up with some other friends from our Young Adults group for dessert.

On our way back to Brad and Christen's house around 10:30 or so we noticed that there were come guys fixing a broken water line. It was freezing out...there were weather watches out for the ice, not to mention the frigid weather. These guys were out late, in the cold, and they were working with water. All I have to say to that is brrr!

So my wonderful and amazing friend Christen thought it would be nice to make some hot chocolate and coffee to take down to them. Actually she ended up making the coffee and hot chocolate by herself while I talked. I'm so helpful huh? Then we got in the car and drove down to them.

We asked them if they were hanging in there and did some chitty chat small talk and then offered them something hot to drink. The guys face lit up as he said that he'd love some coffee! He kept thanking us and telling us how nice we were. I wanted to say...uh she's the nice one... I'm just tagging along getting credit for her nice actions.

Then we walked down to another guy who was playing in the water from the water hydrant. Once again I feel the need to remind you that it was FREEZING out! We gave him some hot chocolate that he thanked us kindly for. Christen left the drinks as well as some Oreos for the guys to snack on. As we were leaving the 1st guy told us that nobody ever does this sort of thing for them and that he greatly appreciated it. I felt like a million bucks! I almost teared up a bit! When we got in the car I tried to give Christen props again for such a great idea and she said, "Not mine, God told me to." Humble too! What an awesome woman!

So there you go. An act of kindness that inspired me to look around more for opportunities to show Christ's love. An act that showed me to stay humble and listen to God. An act of kindness that was shown with only a bit of hot chocolate.

2 comments:

Kyle Luke said...

I think God's telling you to come up here and visit . . .

Unknown said...

I am pretty sure that God is telling you to visit Wisconsin too.