Thursday, December 27, 2007

That Post Christmas Feeling

I hate that feeling. I thought it would go away as I got older, but it hasn't. Do other people get this feeling? It is the feeling of a years' anticipation that is over in a day. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday, which doesn't really make since because I hate cold weather and snow. But when it is over, I feel like I'm just stuck with cold weather for 3 more months. boo to that! I'm trying to get Ben to move down south...like Texas, Alabama, or Southern Cali. That's besides the point though. (Mom, I highly doubt we will ever go...so don't worry)

Anyways, I am just glad that it isn't as bad as it used to be. I remember when I was little I would have to fight back tears when we were done opening gifts. This made me nervous because I never wanted it to come off like I wasn't excited about my gifts...because my parents have always done an amazing job of making us feel special with the things they bought us. It has nothing to do with presents. I can't really figure it out.

That all aside...we had an Amazing Christmas! It was a blast to hang out with both sides of our family, we ate great food, and were spoiled rotten. Maybe that's why it stinks that it's over...because it was so great!

I feel like I made out like a bandit (when I typed that I laughed because I thougth of a bandit making out).

Here are some of my favorite gifts:

-CD player for my car with hookup for my ipod
-Singstar Rocks (for PS2)
-Sedu Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron
-BUZZ
-Graffiti coffee table books
-Large Pier 1 Wall Art
-Urban Myth board game
-Velvet Elvis
-Dartboard
-Jewelry
-Subscription to Women's Health
-Giftcards, candles, ornaments, etc, etc

Some of Ben's sweetest gifts were
- A huge Chicago Bears sign (6 feet by like 3 feet)
- Giftcards to NewEgg
- Bocce Ball
- Illini apparel
- Walter Payton Jersey
- Bears hat, blanket, etc
- Air Guitar Nation
- Zippo lighter (he has always wanted one)
- Kanakuk shirt
- Giftcards, etc, etc

We were very grateful for everything that we received! Plus we are very excited to play with all of our new stuff!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I totally know the feeling. It just seems like so much work for one day and then it's over with.