Monday, December 17, 2007

Would You Like Cheese On That?

Today was a bit of an off an off day. I wasn't feeling that hot this morning, I worked half a day, then I spent most of the evening shopping.

I think that I am finally close to done. It's those little 5 dollar white elephant gifts or the gift for your boss that usually slip your mind. I think I am going to bake some cookies and get some tins for those people that you want to get something for, but just don't know what.

My highlight was getting to meet up with my Dad and his buddy for some wings. They were in town since 1pm finishing up shopping for their wives, and they decided to give us a call. I thought it would be a good idea to split 16 wings with Ben...so in other words I got 5 and he ate 11. That's 50/50 right? ha. My Dad and his friend had some funny stories, they tortured Ben for awhile, and then we headed out.

I was still a bit hungry after my 5 wings so I had Ben stop at Sonic. We asked for a little bit of time while I decided what to get. The we said we were ready to order. The woman replied, "Would you like cheese on that?" uhhh...we would just like to order. So Ben kindly told her that we were just now ready to place our order and had not asked for anything that would need cheese. I ordered a peanut butter fudge shake for us to split and we pulled up. Just as we got to the window they shut off the lights outside. We apologized for coming at the last minute of their open hours and told her we didn't realize it was that late. She was nice and said no problem. We handed her the debit card and she then realized that the machine doesn't take debit cards after they turn the lights off outside. She informed us that we would be getting our shake on the house! woo hoo...free shake!

To recap the highlights of my night
-Dinner with Dad
-Talking to Ben (for what seemed like only .2 seconds)
-Free Shake

Bad start to my day, but I'd say a pretty good ending. I recommend the Peanut Butter Fudge Shake from Sonic...pretty tasty!

No comments: